Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
poolshark

need feedback on A/C 5030 a friend is considering

johnmonkey
The 5030 is a great little tractor. All of 25 h.p. maybe closer to 28. It's equipped with a 540 RPM and standard Cat 1, 3 point hitch. So there is a zillion implements including all the ones you mentioned out there. Both new and used. I think the 2700 is a fair price for a good one, great shape. Are there any attachments with it like the 60" belly mower. Then it really would be worth it, probably more. The only downside is parts. It is a Japanise import from about 1976 to the end of A-C in 84. A new starter for example push's $1000. And you'll find parts very very hard to find. Used parts just don't exist. But overall, there pretty relible so if you maintain it this should not be a big issue. I can't recall any known problems.

poolshark
a good friend of mine is in the market for a tractor, and found a A/C 5030 diesel, he thinks 25hp, with a brush hog, in good condition, for 2700.00 he has 10 acres with heavy brush, please reply with feedback on, is this a good machine? what year were they produced? any known problems, are parts easy to get, is this a good price, are there lots of attachments available, he would like to find a loader, tiller, backhoe, and post hole digger, and any other neet attachments, what kind of prices should he expect for these attachments, any and all feedback is appreciated. either post replys here, or e-mail me at airart2@msn.com Thankyou in advance.. Randy Powers airart2@msn.com

jackcobb
Definitly not an Iseki. Among the ones you mentioned, Iseki also made them for White. Call or E-Mail Bill at Sandy Lake Implement. (Advertises on this site). He is an AGCO dealer, and being in business back in the 70's sold 5030's new. I want to say the name was Mitsabishi, allot like the name of the current Japanise car. But they are long gone. Also visit with him about the price of parts. If parts prices are an issue, become educated. Bill is a great guy to talk to and a guru when it comes to these units.

PatRarick
Does anyone know for sure who made these? I have been told that they were Iseki tractors. Iseki made for Bolens, and I believe, John Deere. If this is the case, parts should not be a problem. Pat

jackcobb
Bugged me all the way home. Couldn't remember the exact manufacture of the 5030. So I pulled out Norm Swinfords book to find the answer when I got in the door. Page 154. " A-C joined the rush , negotiating with Toyosha who manufactured and sold tractors under the Hinimoto brand name".