Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
kfran

42" Snow Thrower

kfran
Recently purchased a 3112V parts tractor. Came with a snow thrower #1690548 that runs off the mid pto. Not up on the tech pubs site yet. Can't really tell if it was modified to run this way. Did simplicity make one like this? If so, it looks like there is an idler pulley missing from the hitch. Any info appreciated.

roma3112
i have a "69" 3112h with the 42" single stage blower(mfr's #487) and mine runs off the front (engine) pto. I have read here where some blowers can be modified to run off the center pto. Which may be the case with yours.

UCD
IN about 1980 simplicity went to mid pto for snow blowers. the hitch only has one pully. The belt goes under this pully and over the pully on the blower. Most older blowers will fit this hitch. It is a very long belt but works very well and when adjusted right will stall the tractor befor it slips. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Dutch
Kevin, I mounted a Kubota snowthrower on a Simplicity. Rather then use a front PTO or the long (147.1") belt from the center PTO, I designed a hitch to use a pair of mower deck belts. Al Eden pointed out a very important modification Simplicity made when going from the front to center PTO. That modification was to anchor one of the center PTO pulleys to the frame to withstand the strain of the snowthrower. My hitch itself is anchored, therefore I don't have that problem. Don't know what the previous owner did on your 3112, but as long as it works, just use it. If you have a problem with the belt slipping or jumping off, perhaps you need to change the angle, add an idler, or both. Here's a link to my hitch and details of Al Eden's comments.[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/snowthrower_hitch.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/snowthrower_hitch.htm[/a]