Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Hauler

GregB

Out with the old, 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.  Rockers were gone and bead wheel arches were on the way wah

DSCN0490.jpg

And in with the new.  2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD.  One owner, garage kept, less than 33,000 Miles.  Way more electronics than I will ever need or figure out.  6.0, 6sp auto.

IMG_3218[1].JPG

Edited by GregB
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Always hate to see an old faithful leave.  

But it sounds like you found a beauty to replace it.  Maybe I'll see it someday.  

PS - Can you move the front trailer hitch?  And I like the old wheels better.  

• Like 1

Glad you found something. Been looking around here for months and nothing in the way of 04 -11 Rangers around that isnt over 120,000 miles , and/or  obscenely priced. Hasnt been anything out there worth the money being asked.

Talked to Stephen today and figured we would take my rusty 06 &  put new axle seals, rear brakes, , new water pump...hoses, anti freeze , heater fan resistor,  & serpentine belt in it . This would bring most of the maintinance and wear & tear items  up to date. Then hope for another couple of years.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Been looking around here for months and nothing

Same thing in Maine. Decent used vehicles are scarce and expensive. We drove by the Ford dealer in Augusta last week and they didn't have more than a dozen vehicles on the lot. Guess the ol 02 will have to go me for quite a while yet.

• Like 1

Nice truck, wish were mine , LOL,  09 Chevy 2500 4x4 here had 43800 mile when we bought it , now has little over 185000. Hauls a trailer everyday and snow plow in winter , fender wells on bed showing what the salt can do. I'm like ya'll I'd like to buy a newer truck but just not in the cards , even if I could find one

A few years ago I went from a 2004 3/4 ton to a 2015  Chev 3/4 ton.  A REAL big thing for me was the cutouts on the rear bumper as a step. Now I also need a little stepstool to get to the step!  I've aged some in the years since I got the 2015!   (76 yrs old)  Lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, macallis180 said:

A few years ago I went from a 2004 3/4 ton to a 2015  Chev 3/4 ton.  A REAL big thing for me was the cutouts on the rear bumper as a step. Now I also need a little stepstool to get to the step!  I've aged some in the years since I got the 2015!   (76 yrs old)  Lol.

Happens to the best of us I'm afraid.

• Like 1

I've got an 08 Expedition with nearly 250K on it.  I worry about finding a new vehicle if it decides to crap the bed on me.  I've got a summer side hustle that requires a truck and if it goes, I'd need a new one that day...it's not the time to find a deal on a truck, unfortunately.