Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Combo Hitch

Dutch

If any of you guys have tried to use an older front blade hitch on a newer tractor (full hood), you know that the lift brackets hit the sheet metal. Incidentally, that old style hitch (without the brackets) is identical to the grader (belly) blade hitch. I took one of the old style hitches and removed the brackets. In the place of the brackets, I welded on a piece of 1.5” ID square tubing. Then I took a length of 1.5” OD square tubing, welded on a vertical arm. The tubing with the arm will slide inside the tubing on the hitch. It can be removed to use the hitch as a grader blade, and inserted to use the hitch for a front blade. Plus it will clear the hood on newer tractors. (I used an extra long vertical arm because I had it, it already had perforations, and I use it for other attachments)

That's the ticket Dutch! I'll use something like that to get downpressure on the grader blade like I was telling you about, probably using the spring to take shock load. I can see rotating the ID part 90 degrees to position the lift arm horizontal under the tractor while using the hitch to grade. The grader control arm could attach to the same holes used by the dozer lift rod. I posted a big post on the NCH(new club house) about my Johnny Bucket set up. You might like the counterweight extension and rear lift adjustment plate. I mistakenly posted it as a reply to "Bladin' and having Fun", but e-mailed to Kent to see if he could change it to a new post.

Tom, Grader blade uses same hitch turned around. Here's a link...... [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/grader_specs.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/grader_specs.htm[/a]

John, Any welding or metal fab shop should either have it or can get it. If they work with that size, they will probably give you the little bit you need (it's scrap to them). Just make sure you get 3/16" thick stuff. Any lighter won't do the job.

The mod. looks great. I don't suppose anyone has an extra grader or front mount blade that they would be willing to part with? Would like to get one to fit on my Big Ten!

I have an extra "old style" front blade hitch for sale. If anyone is interested please email me for details. Mike

Thanks Dutch, I like the idea of the same mount for belly or front. Got to do some measurin, markin, cuttin, and weldin, to the one I fixed up last weekend, then I can set up both. Rod H.