Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy loader issues

720nut

Ok guys as title says I'm brain dead today  ????   am looking for part #'s For my Kwik-way loader. I'm have leakdown issues and before it gets any worst I'd like to find rebuild kits for a 4 cylinders.

Loader # is 1694143 serial # 00274,  I use this thing a bunch so knew at sometime I'd be having these issues ( not real bad ) but gunna need attention soon.

Edited by 720nut

Mine is a Sears made by KwikWay, but I can't find any numbers on it. (Sound familiar? LOL!!)

If you take them apart and take the parts to a local hydraulics store, I'm betting that they can set you up. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hick said:

Mine is a Sears made by KwikWay, but I can't find any numbers on it. (Sound familiar? LOL!!)

If you take them apart and take the parts to a local hydraulics store, I'm betting that they can set you up. 

I was really hoping that the collected knowledge on here that someone would have #'s . At Diauble equipment yesterday and they say Hitchdoc in Mn. has taken them over, That Simplicity never really covered them.  I've sent a email this morning asking if they have any #'s waiting for a responce.

Diauble's will be able to get me all the parts but wasn't wanting to tear it apart till I had them in my hand.

• Like 1

Schwartz and SMC (among others?) were predecessors to Hitchdoc, etc.  I have a Schwartz 2070 loader on my 1650 Oliver.  Schwartz also OEM'd loaders to both Oliver and then White.  With Model #'s and SN's I have generally been able to get parts but have found it is easier to get stuff at a hydraulic shop if you have a good one, I don't.

• Like 2

Hitchdoc purchased Kwikway, so their info will be limited to whatever they aquired from Kwikway.  I know up through the early 2000's, Kwikway had a good reputation for helping folks find this info (similar to MacKissic), however, recently I had heard some negative feedback regarding parts info and even order status for equipment.  Hopefully you will find this is no longer the case.  

Are you sure the leakdown is in the cylinders, or is it in the valve?

Edited by Talntedmrgreen
  • Like 1

Josh not real sure but I'll rebuild both as I use this thing a lot, and sometimes seem to abuse it but it has never not done what I've asked of it. Just was not wanting to tear it apart till I had everything to do it rite.

Edited by 720nut

On 11/3/2021 at 4:25 PM, 720nut said:

I'd like to find rebuild kits for a 4 cylinders.

Seal kit part #102189. The same kit for all cylinders.  I don't know if that is a Simplicity# or Kwik-Way#

7 hours ago, ShaunE said:

Seal kit part #102189. The same kit for all cylinders.  I don't know if that is a Simplicity# or Kwik-Way#

Thanks Shuan, I contacted Hitchdoc and they supplied me with a manual, got it all printed out looked over at wife's filing system and lo and behold there layed a folder with everything I was looking for , of course after I had printed out another manual. Anyway sent them an email to see if both seal kits are available , Paul said they have very limited parts for these loaders and that they do have cylinders, just hope I don't need to go that route. if they have I'll rebuild everything as it's time. Going to go to Simplicity Monday and see if they can be had here too.

If any indication , guys at Hitchdoc answered very quickly so maybe they will have them , here's hoping.

That kit # is the Kwikway number.  I ran through the parts list and couldn't cross any of the kwikway numbers to a common seal or spec.  I did some asking around with folks like Mike Wells, and he also does not have that detail handy.  It is sounding more and more like either Hitchdoc has the info, or you need to take your seals in to have them matched up.  Simplicity does not hae any of the info.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:43 AM, CarlH said:

Sometimes , entering the PN at Jacks will give some dimensions.

Carl was one of my first places and I found nothing. Kevin Diauble also said they have nothing on loader either, their local Simplicity dealer.

Josh sent Paul at Hitchdoc an email but not heard from them either, they had said they have cylinders so would think they would have seal kits too. I'm assuming that your rite , I will end up pulling one apart and having hydraulic shop match them up, if so will get two sets incase needed.

Thanks guys

got an email back from Paul at Hitchdoc and they do not have kits for cylinders so looks like hydraulic shop as before, which means loaders down for a couple weeks or more to get parts

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1