Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My New Toy!

AllisChalmers716

So a little bit of back story, I was scrolling through Marketplace and bingo an Allis Chalmers 410 for $100! So I inquire about it, talk to the guy and pick it up today.I get there in today’s sideways blowing snow. I talk to the guy a bit and he says he has a few boxes of kohler parts that he will through in free! I gladly excepted, it turns out that there is whole 12hp with the exception of the crank and some parts for the tractor+4 coils, some old wheel horse work lights and  a whole milk crate of  tire chains! All for $100! Oh yeah and the tractor has a deck. I didn’t get any pictures of my own but here are the marketplace pics.

-Tommy 

6001D25B-3913-4E9A-A1D3-BF16F69D423E.jpeg

77813A15-E7DC-4065-A6D5-A43D32850146.jpeg

99A51D33-9CFD-4878-B4AD-D4F1A4C94F65.jpeg

CEDB0645-46F0-4F5C-A626-A302457A7A97.jpeg

17D402ED-BE2E-43A6-B602-0B89AEBA9B4B.jpeg

• Like 4

The tractor and especially the deck look be be in good shape. Usually the decks for those tractors are in bad shape. 
Congrats on the deal or should I say steal. 

• Like 2

I thought it was a good deal beings how I would have paid $100 for all the motor pieces. Im down a starter,a coil and a carb, I gave those items to my brother, becuse he needed those items and they were spares. Hopfully get some more pics today!

-Tommy

• Like 1

The engine is VERY tired out. It had 25psi of compression(Thats with ACR) Alas, me and my brother got it to light off(lots of oil in the cylinder). I have a video but can’t attach it.

-Tommy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllisChalmers716 said:

I have a video but can’t attach it.

You have to post the video at a hosting site (YouTube), then post the link here. 

• Like 1

The muffler is from a 900/7100 Series. If you need a more correct muffler, some of the generic Cub Cadet mufflers for the Kohler single's of the 60's -70's will work. I have had very low PSI out of engines with ACR that ran fine.

It was in a barn for 25 years before the guy i got it from got a hold of it. Another reason it looks so nice it was painted many moons ago.

-Tommy