Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
gjh

Funny Story with my boy

HubbardRA
My boys learned early. Both were competing at tractor pulls by age 10. Started mowing at age 8. Were riding tractors with me at age 1. I even mounted one of the bicycle toddler seats to the back of my tractor so that I could carry two around at the same time. A couple trips around the yard and they were both asleep. They just loved the sound and feel of that machine. Rod H.

gjh
Had a couple of tons of rap (recycled ashphalt product) dumped on my 300' long driveway and rough graded. Couldn't wait to get home & really use my grader blade for the first time with my Homelite (Allis) T-12. Well; I had read about putting some down pressure on the blade to create a cross slope (crown)so I tried it out. I've been teaching my son -9 to drive the tractor without cutting impliments for safety, so he sat next to me (we're both small)& I was bragging to him how well the downpressure was working as I looked behind to see my work. On the next pass I noticed that I wasn't getting the slope I wanted & noticed he was leaning in on his side to help out! It was pretty funny! It doesn't take much pressure to dig in on fresh laid gravel. Anyhow, I'm hoping that with some more training and experience that he'll be moving up to mowing with supervision by the end of the Summer or next spring. Thanks for all the input from you experience folks. Gary Hamilton North of Boston, MA

arjr111
It's great you're passing on the tradition. My son is 11 (I started late) and he drives all my tractors, including my Oliver 60 (under close supervision). Kids make the tractor experience (life) so much greater!....Art