Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 7116

rs07

It has been quite sometime since I’ve been active on Simple Tractors. I certainly am not proud of that, but it is good to be back!! I’ve been so busy!! Just want to share this story on this beautiful 7116 I’ve acquired from my local dealer on consignment. Back in July of this year, I received a call from my dealer. He said I was the first person to come to mind. An elderly gentleman dropped off this beautiful all original 7116 for him to sell. He purchased it brand new back in 1988. He had an hourmeter installed on it when he bought it and only logged 133 hours on it before putting away inside storage for many years without being used. I went and looked  it over and fell in love with it. All it needed was a new battery, which the previous owner agreed to pay for. It drives and steers just the new ones did back in the day, because it is still basically new! Just like out of the crate! The owner would not take any less than $2,000 for it, but I knew I most likely would never find another one in that condition again. Needless to say, I will take good care of it but I use it like it should be used for mowing and just mounted the 36”new never used, snowblower on it. The carburetor did need a little cleaning, but that’s all. That was just from sitting. It still had the original fuel line which had an October 1987 date stamped in it. I replaced that too.  The previous owner was a doctor, now retired and had someone taking care of his property maintenance for him all these years. His lawn was even small too. It also came with the original books and even the sales literature from that time as well! 

0DB9C770-77D8-49A2-B72D-A3FB255925C3.jpeg

• Like 9

WoWOO !!!!

With it in that condition.... and that few hours...., I just dont know how the price could be honestly criticized..

• Like 4

Thanks guys! I know I got a great deal for $2,000. My dealer told the previous owner that the tractor is going to a great home. He told me the guy was so happy to know it was going to someone who would appreciate it. 

Edited by rs07
Photo added
  • Like 3

Beautiful machine!  Interesting that it has the hydraulic lift. Most of the black-framed 7100 tractors had manual lift. Was probably $4500 new so $2k is a bargain considering the low hours. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris727 said:

Beautiful machine!  Interesting that it has the hydraulic lift. Most of the black-framed 7100 tractors had manual lift.

That was the first thing I noticed as well.  Definitely not the norm for the black frames.

• Like 3

You could not come close to a tractor of that quality for 2k today, and it really is basically new.  A great deal, a great steal, and yes, I am jealous!

• Like 1

Quite a Christmas gift. You just don’t find that old a machine w/low hrs and taken care of so you did very well! Congrats and keep us informed next spring/summer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 9:07 PM, Chris727 said:

Beautiful machine!  Interesting that it has the hydraulic lift. Most of the black-framed 7100 tractors had manual lift. Was probably $4500 new so $2k is a bargain considering the low hours. 

Black frame were mostly manual lift??  I have not heard nor seen that.  Most orange frame tractors of 16hp or higher were hydraulic lift after 1981, and the black frame tractors were after 1985??  Or did Simplicity cut back with the black frames?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeES said:

the black frame tractors were after 1985?? 

My black frame 7116 MFG# 1691382 with a November 1987 engine:

7116_0006.jpg.5b46e1004e51909951a281a80ea95996.jpg

It had an electric lift, I converted it to a hydraulic lift that I acquired from @Brettw.  

• Like 5

Hello, great questions about the hydraulic lift. Truth be told, I installed the hydraulic lift on it myself. I did save all the manual lift parts. I put the hydraulic lift on it, because I knew I would be installing a snowthrower on it. We had some snow on Monday to try it out. Worked excellent!! 

9C049F6E-47C7-4755-9D65-2DBBC1A11E6E.png

• Like 7