Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HARRY

FrankieC

When winter was here, I had a few beers, and decided I oughta sell Harry (MSG#7386) Now he's outa the shed and I'm living in dread that someone will say "Frank, you told us." There was little response and I thank you all once for not taking me up on my offer, Harry has to stay here (but I know you'll be near) to help with what problems he causes. With that said, I think I'm ready to move into the new clubhouse.

More tractor peotry!!!!! Hey who knows? youve got your cowboy poets, why not tractor poets. There could be tractor reads at rhinelander, imagine the poems Herb could write!!!! lets see what rimes with New Jersey....More Frankiec more. dougm

Frankie, Good poetry! "Harry" is a nice name. Being a tractor puller with two boys, I couldn't get away with a simple name for my tractors. My 61 Wards is named "Thunder Foot", and my 77 AC 716H is named "HydroPhobia". Also I learned a long time ago that I can never use the word "she" when talking about one of these tractors. Both boys will be all over my case if I do. They say the tractors are too strong and dependable to be called female. It is amazing how a piece of machinery such as a tractor can become such an integral part of the family. Rod H.