Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A.C Homesteader like B-208?

macallis180

Saw a couple times in the last few years an A.C. orange body with white  hood style like my yellow B-207, but haven't been able to find out anything about them. Would like to see if I could find a runnable one, but the only Homesteaders I have seen are the flat hood ones, and those are not runnable in their present condition.  Don't know if there might have been a special run, cause the 2 I saw did not look like repaints of B-207 or B-208 hoods.  Nothing is showing in our reference material on this site about them.

Thanks.

Edited by macallis180
add info
  • Like 1

The orange and cream B-208 was a short lived animal.  Most beleive it to be a transitionary model, taking the former yellow out of the lawn tractor line, but retaining that flathood B series look.  They are tough to track down.  The biggest differece, beside the hood, between a B-208 and a Homesteader, is the transmission.  The B-208 would have used the Peerless trans, while the Homesteader shifted to using the Simplicity small frame trans.  The benefit of that change, is that the Simplicity trans has a rear PTO for tiller and revitalizer use.  Something like a HiLo is also them much more easily found.  The HiLo for a Peerless is a very rare accessory.

Exceeding Expectations Nationwide Browse Auctions Search Exclude closed  lots Auctions My Items Signup Login Catalog Auction info Jerry Everitt  Tractorland 65 Year Tractor Collection (#156949) 08/05/2020 10:00 PM CDT -  09/22/2020 8:25 PM CDT ...

• Like 4

The raised hood door was only on the B-208 that year. The orange and white B-207's had the flat hood.  Have seen a small handful of these orange and white B-Series at tractor shows.

fddf_1_b.jpg.ebbb101cadf49892645a2803e8d2825d.jpg

fcec_1_b.jpg.d077b5bb1a16c42b1e99dbcc2eb40147.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for the info, guys.  Didn't know they were that rare. May have to just look for a decent runnable Homesteader, then.  The B-208 would have been a nice mate to my yellow B-207.

• Like 1