Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deck adjustment HELP

BUDD

I have a 48" deck md # 1691219 that I can not get to cut rite. I do have the book and tried to adjust this darn thing. The issue is the outside blade is higher by 1/2" on the outer edge than the iner edge. the blade is not bent, the shaft is not bent. the numbers are the same if I rotate the blade 180 deg.. I have been fighten with this thing for about five years and have decided it will be fixed this year one way or the other. I been adjusting the bail alot this last week or two and the problem has moved from one side to the other. How do I adjust the blade level side to side? I have the front to back set real close.

If it's only one blade, it sounds like either the arbor housing isn't bolted flat to the deck, or the deck shell is bent where the arbor housing bolts.

Hello! I have a favor to ask,ok? I posted a simular question last week, what caught my eye was that you said you have a manual! What is the possibility of getting a copy of the manual? Any help would be appreciated! Thx Dan

Dan, That manual may be online. Check it out at the following. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php

I run into this problem about 3-4 times a year on customers machines. The problem usually lies in a bent deck housing, to fix without replacment. Take the belt , blade and washers off,but leave the arbor housing bolted on. Pound with hammer on lower arbor housing(sounds crude I know) on same side that blade was low.Been working for me.

Dan; The manual I was refering to is the little one I got with the machine. It helps with the service and such. I also bought the big manule and parts book for the tractor and deck. It helps alot when you may need to tear into something and for part #. Kent; I will try this today, but I am sure that I have moved this issue from the shute side to the other side by adjusting the bail. I just don't know how I have done this. The last two days I have been writing all my nimbers down and then adjust and do it all over again. I have had this tractor and deck to three diferent dealers with no luck.I told the wife it will be fixed this year one way or the other. (other being NEW tractor she said I had beter fix it) :( I have a couple years ago swaped the arbors and housing with no luck, I have tryed different RPMs think maybe I was not lifting the grass up, I had a dealer tell me I could be runing to high of RPM tried that with no success (this did help with biuld up on deck tough itseems that I was running a little to many RPMs and the blades were beating the glrass up real bad). THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!!! GREAT SITE

Dan, Here's the exact location of the manual you need..Woody http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_2270_00_AT_S.pdf