Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lombardini Diesel - Thermal Start Valve Question

ACMan

The Thermal Start Valve (P/N ED2486-312) on the intake manifold has failed, and I need to replace it.

Simplicity dealers have previously directed me to Lombardini.  US and UK distributors referred me to Lombardini Italy - who indicated the part is no longer in production/available.

Although the engine is only 35 years old, my search for the part is so far fruitless.

I can't help but suspect one is sitting on a shelf somewhere...

Does anyone have any suggestions?   Thanks!

HPIM1490A.thumb.jpg.34890b34b4222322b7a65016eee44e75.jpg6211304ab5311_LombardiniWorkshopManualScan-ThermalStartValve.JPG.87c2e27ebe9503061ead77cecebc8b21.JPG

Thanks all for your input so far.   Kohler reported from Lombardini that the valve is no longer in production, and was replaced by a 3-element glow plug.  I did purchase the glow plug, but it is far less effective than the original valve.

IF I can't find an OEM valve, I will as  rbstuartjr logically suggests look to an adapted solution.  ( Thanks for that specific part lead! ).   Previously I found a very similar looking valve which came from CDN Western Star LSVW, patterned from an Iveco VM 90 2.5L diesel.   

For now, the tractor is in storage, so I have some time to keep looking.  

Really appreciate the groups' thoughts!

How about M22, 1.5 pitch thread?

Couple of Lombardini glowplug #'s:

3527.018, 2100.055 ($77 on eBay!)

I would think a glowplug with a (working) fuel solenoid (tee'd in) might do the job.