Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
McGill

Went to an auction

McGill
I had to hide one load of stuff in town or my wife would kill me. Bought a 66 Landlord with deck, a 725 with deck, a grader blade, a blower asembly, a single bottom plow and two hoods. and still came home with beer money. I passed on a broadmoor and some other simplicity lawn tractor that ran and sold for $60.00 It was UGLY.

JeffG
I had to hide one load of stuff in town or my wife would kill me. That is funny! Just where does one hide tractors and implements in town? Do you deposit it all in one spot or scatter various pieces throughout the city? You'll find that once you get enough tractors and parts accumulated, your wife won't be able to tell when new stuff shows up. Can you pick out the pair of shoes your wife just purchased? I rest my case. Sounds like you had a good day - auctions are always fun. Good luck sneeking it home one piece at a time. Jeff

dlsven
I envy you guys back East. You seem to have a lot of used tractors to choose from plus shows and auctions to go to. Oh well, this way I save a lot money and don't have things cluttering up the joint. Well, not tractors anyway.