Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Time to change the hydro fluid on my 716H

jlasater

I found the Simplicity p/n for the hydro filter, but would like to see if any of you guys have a crossreference number for a NAPA Gold filter that would do the job. Also, what type and how much hydro fluid do I need to finish the job? The mower deck seems to like to toss the belt if I run it with the deck raised all the way up. Is that normal, or is there something I should be checking? On a side note, the wife and I just finished moving into our first home (we're owners)! Such a nice feeling, and I finally get a real shop to put my machining equipment in, no more storing the tractors out in the bad weather, and it's nice and quiet here.

I don't have the numbers that you need, but if you go to a shop that sells Baldwin filters, you can crossreference the Simplicity p/n to it. The hydrostatic filters are made by Baldwin, for Simplicity. Best of luck SimpleMan

Never tossed a belt on any of my 7000/7100 series running with the deck raised and engaged. Congratulations on the new home.

My old B-1 and new Sovereign will both eat a belt quickly if you run the mower with the deck raised. Has to do with the belts rubbing the decks when they are raised. Roy Roy