Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ALLIS 616

abu507

I don't believe it is a very common swap. That being said, I don't really know how different the mounting patterns or crankshaft centerlines are. 

Edited by Chris727

8 hours ago, abu507 said:

Question is how will it fit and how much machine work.

will need to build a riser plate to mount the kohler engine on to match crank shaft height of the onan. then machine a adaptor for the double pulley to mount to flywheel to drive the tractor. then make a exhaust work, find a pto clutch to work, and rewire tractor for kohler engine.

• Like 3

phillobbezoo

I bought a 4040 years back that had a magnum20 in it. The previous owner hacked the hood apart to make it fit. I found a new hood and was able to lower the engine enough to make it fit with out any modifications to the hood. That being said I was not able to lower the engine enough to line up the rear pto. 

Edited by phillobbezoo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, phillobbezoo said:

I bought a 4040 years back that had a magnum20 in it. The previous owner hacked the hood apart to make it fit. I found a new hood and was able to lower the engine enough to make it fit with out any modifications to the hood. That being said I was not able to lower the engine enough to line up the rear pto. 

Phil didn't John U.  do it a long time ago and it was really nice looking swap, sorry I can't remember his full name and user name, ya know CRS

Edited by 720nut

@Jesse Greco had a 4041 the was repowered with an opposed twin Briggs IC.  I saw the tractor a very long time ago in PA before he purchased it.  It had a Danco loader on it. I don't know if the crank height is the same as the Kohler KT & M series.

• Like 1