Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blue Mules

SmilinSam

Get a load of this........ Was toolin down the back country roads to my folks house(been years since I 've been on that road) and went by a old beaten down garage next to a newer Horse corral. Had to stop because out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of Blue and white. Yep a AC built homelite, a T-16H outside with the hood up. Been there awhile from the looks of it.......then if that wasn't enough there was another one hiding inside the shed. A T-10 with a tiller! Got to talking a couple of days later with a friend that lives down that way and he said they were both for sale..........cheap. Needless to say I left a message on the guys answering machine a few minutes ago. Hopefully they willl be in my corral later this week. I'm going to have to start taking the loooong way home more often I guess. SmilinSam

Ya Know, this really bugs me!!!! SmilinSam. I always take the back roads, my wife says if I don't keep my eyes on the road instead of the old farms and fields, I'm going to end up in the ditch. I have yet to find a Simplicity or Allis chalmers. Maybe one day I'll hit the Mother Load. Good Luck, Floydster

Last week I was going down a road in north Milwaukee and sitting outside was a nice trailer.Looked like they were still using it though sure would look nice behind the wonderboy 700 .Bob

Way to go Sam! Sometimes I circle around like a buzzard looking for movement and others I just jump right in. With the hood up I would be at the door for sure. Answering machine gives him too much time to think...Good Luck..Woody

That reminds me, I found another trailer last weekend. 16' tandem axle 6.5 ' wide. At $500 I couldn't very well pass that one up. It just got a good coat of AC Orange paint today with White fenders. Also repacked the wheel bearings and put one new tire on it. Lights go on tomorrow. Now I can really load up at the consignment sales......

• 3 weeks later...
That's how I got my B210, driving the wife around to yard sales and there it sat with a $450.00 price tag on it. Makes yard sales a lot more intersting. Steve

MPH, They got home just fien. Pretty togh shape on both but both will get fixed up over the fall and winter this year. One is a Simplicity made unit, a T-16 H with power lift and a front PTO clutch. The other is a AC built one , a T-10 6 speed with a rear lift. Got a nice deck for that one too. Got a early B-10 last night. Pretty good drive train (model 23D)which is unusual. Rest of the machine is a mess though. Runs good. Its for sale.....

Talking to a co worker early this week about repowering my Simplicity. He said" I got a tractor I'm sure you'll want to buy" He then says it's a late 70's AC,not sure what model. Then he says it comes with a snow blade,mower deck,snowblower,and a BRAND NEW SNOWBLOWER,still on a skid.I guess his dad sold AC back in the 70's. Has a 16 HP kohler,rebuilt about 12 hrs ago,but uses oil.Then the best part.I ask how much? He says," Oh I'm asking $300.00 I want it out of there" Needless to say,I'm going this weekend to inspect! kenny

Marty, whats the old saying?...."Never look a gift horse in the mouth".......LoL