Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Was looking for ONE, came home with 4 lol

ZippoVarga

When you're in the market for just ONE Sunstar for your Daughter, but multiple tractors refuse to be separated. Three are runners, one is a complete parts tractor that may run. Now I'm up to 7 Sunstar's with 2 being "parts" machines. Couple that with the other 7 large frames and one lone small frame and I'm officially OUT OF ROOM! lol In the shop photo within a 18 foot by 25 foot space(shop is 25'x35') are 5 Sunstar's (one with Loader), Ugly-Alice, Sovereign with Kwik-Way loader, a dozen or so engines on the floor, a Kawasaki 650, newly acquired vintage Craftsman Crown stack on tool chest, roller tool cart and a rare vintage King Midget Scooter. Not to mention my electric hoist and hydraulic lift table with a 3'x5' top and two sets of Over Size wheels and tires also sharing the same space.  Shop is 25x35 over all and I can't believe it's standing room only in there. Now for the good part........AFTER acquiring these beauties, Daughter tells me......."We got a Scag"........!O.o>:( lol. At least it wasn't a Deere!

IMG_2364(1).thumb.jpg.778a26d60e87abea905b1132373b9c16.jpgIMG_2366(1).thumb.jpg.14aabda294f0ba3e2a97cc00f48d1913.jpg

IMG_2363(1).jpg

IMG_2362(1).jpg

Edited by ZippoVarga
Correction
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Stimulates the thought process.  A bear for punishment?  Should be able to keep at least one in working order.  Need to add more daughters?  Run a lottery with Sunstar prizes?  Open a dealership?  Another shed?  Ship one to The Great White North?  (I'd wait at the border.)  Anyway, I'm jealous.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ZippoVarga said:

I'm officially OUT OF ROOM!

Time for a shop addition.  666  -  Maybe with a separate video studio??

Thanks for sharing the pics and story.  

Edited by PhanDad
spelling
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I can't feel sorry for you Sean, you can't have too many tractors.  Maybe a pole building is in your future?  I have a 24 X 24 shop that also gets my Tacoma parked in it, so with welder, torches. weld table ( a very small one), and then 4 tractors with many attachments, I am in the same position.  Unfortunately for me, and this may be your condition as well, i built the shop as big as my wallet would allow.

I love the sunstar looks, have never owned one, and would love to have one but the three large frame and one small frame I have is about my limit.

Enjoy!  

Steve

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My main workspace layout has been in place for quite a few years now. West wall has two main work benches, Bay and a half toolbox, air compressor and bench grinder and lastly, the wood stove which eats up quite a bit of real-estate. North wall is primarily storage for engines and a small space for my parts washer. Working our way around to the East wall we've got a single bay toolbox with all of the machining tools, drill press, Mill, Smithy Mill-Drill-Lathe and rounds it out with the Van-Dorn Valve Grinder. South-East wall is more storage for engines and spare parts. Total dimensions of the shop are 35x25 and I retain enough floor space to fit a crew cab dually if needed. Garage is 20x25 and is packed with 5 Garden Tractors, Implements galore, all my wood working equipment (table saw, radial arm saw, shaper/router, surface planer smaller portable router and table, two generators, single bay toolbox, deep freezer and 4 motorcycles. Definitely out of room, but wouldn't have it any other way lol.

• Like 5

I have a 42x48 shed. It is so packed now a homeless bunny couldn't move in!
(Well, maybe I could find room for a Playboy Bunny) . . . .

Edited by Hick
  • Haha 4

• Who's Online (See full list)

• maxwood
    • gwiseman
    • PGL
    • andrew68
    • BLT
    • bradperc
    • AC710
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts