Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Landlord 101 seat recover

CheeseWhiz468

Hey does anyone know where I can get my seat redone on my Landlord? It's pretty bad, so it'll need to be completely redone, with new foam as well. Just wondering how much an endeavour like this might cost

Edited by CheeseWhiz468

I'm not sure specifically where to go however, This is a common practice in the Farmall tractor world.  So I would start looking that direction.

I took the seat pan from my 7119 to an upholstery shop and they did a beautiful job for $50.  Would probably be $100 today but well worth the $$.

Don't know if they still sell them, but their used to be someone on ebay that made covers with padding that slipped over pan and tied with draw string. they were very nice, and quality made.

01222.jpg

• Like 3

Hi, don't want to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if someone is selling new covers for the seats from the Yeoman's?  My 627 really needs one.

Steve

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

Some of the Fleet Farm type stores used to sell a slip on cover with drawstring.  If that doesn't turn up, I see Steiner Tractor parts still offers them( #MS006B) red &white about $40. 

• Like 1

As far as replacement upholstery for Simplicity seats, check with Mary Gearheart at kmgeartheart@juno.com or Brenda at Sandy Lakes.  

I have an original seat for a 1964 Landlord in excellent condition. It’s from my 1964 landlord that I was restoring and stored in my adult sons garage when his garage burned to the ground with my whole Simplicity tractor collection. I had a few parts in my storage trailer and this seat was one of them. The only part that shows any wear is the pin striping that runs around the edge of its seat pan. No rust anywhere on the pan the material is in almost new condition. I have been a member sense Ken started his club on Yahoo page but my heath issues have caused me to come and go over the years. Let me know if your interested is so how do I paste a picture. I have some dementia so please be patient with me. This post is my first in many many years. I am still very sad about losing my collection.

Thank You, Happyjack that isn’t so happy any more LOL

• Like 2

On 5/9/2022 at 11:05 PM, acken said:

Some of the Fleet Farm type stores used to sell a slip on cover with drawstring.  If that doesn't turn up, I see Steiner Tractor parts still offers them( #MS006B) red &white about $40. 

I picked up one at Fleet Farm last month when visiting family in Wisconsin for my Landlord 2010: https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/concentric-international-pan-set-cushion/0000000235612?bc=11798|11888|11892|11894