Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anybody have a loader for a Sunstar near Michigan?

LukeInMI

I'd like to put a factory loader (Schwartz) on my Sunstar. I'd like a complete loader but I have been having trouble finding one, and I know they're pretty obscure. I'd be willing to travel within reason (anywhere in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, eastern Wisconsin etc.) I'd like to stick with the factory loader so I can still use the mower deck without having to pull the entire sub frame off. 

Sorry if this is not the right section, I am a bit rusty in my forum etiquette. 

• 2 weeks later...

Within the next month or so, I will be replacing my 20 HP Sunstar (with original Simplicity loader) with a brand new loader tractor.  I am not interested in selling just the loader.  It will be a package deal including the tractor, loader, weight box, and 48" deck.  The loader is Model 1691309 S.  I never heard it called a Schwartz loader but it is the original one for the Sunstar and it does allow the deck to be installed and used without removing the sub frame.  Message me if you would be interested and how much you would be willing to pay for the package.  I am located in Cheboygan Michigan, so I guess I more than meet your requirement of being "near Michigan".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2022 at 10:29 PM, LukeInMI said:

I'd like to put a factory loader (Schwartz) on my Sunstar. I'd like a complete loader but I have been having trouble finding one, and I know they're pretty obscure. I'd be willing to travel within reason (anywhere in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, eastern Wisconsin etc.) I'd like to stick with the factory loader so I can still use the mower deck without having to pull the entire sub frame off. 

https://madison.craigslist.org/grd/d/baraboo-small-compact-tractor/7491206380.html

Looks like the same one to me.  Rear bracket just has bolts thru (extra) holes. 2 chain hooks bolted to bent top bucket edge.  Same non-OEM brush guard.  No front bracket.

Upon further review. . . .  the rear bracket has been modified and will need a fair amount of work to use on a Sunstar.  The (invisible) front bracket is a more complex assembly because it mounts the (invisible) hydraulic pump.

SS Loader Bracket Rear.jpg

20210310_172921.jpg

00I0I_e4EsAdRnU0Sz_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg

18 hours ago, CarlH said:

Same non-OEM brush guard

I see that now.  Amazing how it could appreciate in value that much in just a day or two...

• Haha 1