Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy XL

acken

I added my first Legacy about 3 years ago, liked it enough to add a second one a couple weeks ago.  Both are 27 hp, 2 wd, one has 54" deck, other will be getting a broom mounted by winter.  I have made some modifications already, and probably a few more to come.  First item was to add rear hitch for moving trailers, used hitch tube so easy to remove, and less likely to back into something.  Recently I was convinced to upgrade front wheels to 4 bolt trailer hub.  While replacing front wheel bearings the rim split into 2 pieces while pressing the ball bearings out.  According to the rust line they were cracked over 3/4 of the way around.  I bored hubs to accept new bearings of same type.  I also ordered tapered bearings for Legacy #2 to be done next.  Michael Wells tipped me off to look at wheel toe in, (mine were toed out, so I threeaded 3/4" CR shaft and installed heim type adjustable joints.

IMG_20220616_210510_3.jpg

IMG_20220616_210435_9.jpg

• Like 4

Good upgrade on the drag link.  As things wear they always like to move to a towed-out condition.  Not sure why on a 10,000 dollar tractor they didn't put adjustable drag link on it.  I am still running my mid to late 90's sovereigns but would love to go to a legacy XL someday.

Steve

• Like 2

Glad you’re enjoying the XL’s, and it’s always fun to see your fabrication.

I enjoy my XL’s so much. They are just such comfortable machines to operate. I put a 60 inch Mott In the stable a week or two back, and just tonight finished up the hydraulics on a log splitter for the rear PTO.  It’s a lot of fun to put these to work in different ways.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Austinp6896Z
    • PhanDad
    • gwiseman
    • Austin
    • sideburns
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

I am having ankle replacement surgery Monday 4/8 and will be away from ST business for a few days till the drugs clear out. Keep reviewing ST and let us know challenges and suggested revisions. gw
      · 3 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts