Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pick up twigs before mowing-is this right part #???

landlord2110

landlord2110

Mowing with my 50 plus year old landlord 2110 with original mower deck & hit a twig(i seen it) & messed baffle up. The original part # is 108361-is new # 1675587? What happens if you run with no baffle?

20220624_112231.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, landlord2110 said:

What happens if you run with no baffle?

No baffle = less vortex, poor side delivery and grass jammed in the corners. Get out your hammer and anvil and straighten it out. Rivet on a plate to connect the broken end.

Wow, must have been some "twig"!

Edited by AC710
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, landlord2110 said:

The original part # is 108361-is new # 1675587?

You are correct.  But I don't think they're available anymore.  

See this old post I made for @MrSteele years ago that has dimensions to assist you if you decide to beat your baffle back into shape:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/32729-42-deck-baffle-pics-mr-steele/

• Like 1

What probably happened is that it finally rusted through where it bolts to the deck and the blade caught it and there she went

• Like 1

landlord2110

Our reliable Sandy Lake had one for $45 plus tax & shipping(67 bucks), so i went with them. Ebay had one for $70, but went with Sandy  Lake.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I have and still use my Landlord for a bush hog. If it fits under the deck, it usually gets ground up and spit out the side! Occasionally, they will hang in between the blade and the baffle. I figure that is speeding up nature, reducing the size of rotting wood so it will lay closer to the ground and rot quicker. Green limbs are a different story, small ones are still ground up. What you hit was no "twig"

• Like 1