Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Curious mod to a 36" tiller

SmilinSam

Ben, Andy, and Abe bought this for me today at the estate sale of a local lawn mower shop owner and friend of mine.

medium.DSCN2835.JPG.0edbda53418305c62dbc

Pretty nicely done 3 point hitch mod with platform for a engine to power it.

medium.DSCN2836.JPG.48c0e014dbda054564ee

medium.DSCN2837.JPG.dc54ccac71c3d86260db

Whats really nice about it is that no extra holes were drilled in the tiller, and no damage done to any part of the tiller itself. Should be able to unbolt it all and return the tiller to its original configuration.

Thought I'd share  pictures befre I do away with someone elses well done hard work and engineering.

• Like 6

Thanks for sharing the pics.  The tiller looks to be in good shape except the tines (bend angle)?  Could be the pics, or more likely my memory!  

20 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Thanks for sharing the pics.  The tiller looks to be in good shape except the tines (bend angle)?  Could be the pics, or more likely my memory!  

If I had a 5hp aluminum engine, I'd toss it on , put it on my Sunstar 3 point,  and try the configuration out.  Too much iron hanging on the tiller in my opinion anyhow....

As to the bend angle on the tines , it appears to be a distortion from the picture angle.  I have another 36 and a 32 here and they all appear to be the same sort of bend...other than a few that have bent more form use.

• Thanks 1

Didn't have the JD 112 w/tiller I'd be interested in the whole setup

I'd think a 212cc from Harbor Freight would be ideal and cheap

Just my $.02

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Austin
    • Ronald Hribar
    • AC710
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

I am having ankle replacement surgery Monday 4/8 and will be away from ST business for a few days till the drugs clear out. Keep reviewing ST and let us know challenges and suggested revisions. gw
      · 3 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts