Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

XL owners, need help !!!

GregB

Finally bit the bullet and scheduled time to install the ROPS that I bought years ago.

After dealing with bend three point hitch plates (thanks PO!!) got everything bolted up.

But the lift bar from the cylinder is smack in the middle of the ROPS mount.

Can someone take a pic of the lift rod and cross shaft in the up and down position from the left hand side of the tractor?

I may want to shorten the lift rod as it currently bottoms out on the ROPS bracket !

thanks

Greg

@GregB

I had the same problem when I installed the ROPS, P/N 1694400, on my 2014 XL where the 3-point lift rod, P/N 1724763SM, hit the LH ROPS upright. The dealer was able to get a CAD screen shot with a length dimension from Simplicity. I had to cut mine shorter and I no longer have the screen shot.

I believe Simplicity revised the part by shortening when they added the ROPS in later years.

With the 3-point in the up position, adjust the lift rod lock nut so the hitch rod, P/N 1725281SM, easily slide crossways through the 3-point hitch cross holes. Cut the end of the lift rod approximately 3/8" aft of locknut as shown.

20220706_153316.jpg

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking, thanks for the confirmation!

Mine is a 2005 vintage, so before when Simplicity had to install ROPS on all Legacy XL's

I have never been sure of much on this unit, previous owner bent some stuff.

Even the loader bucket seems not even to the ground.

Edited by GregB
  • Like 1

Greg, sounds like it's had a very abusive life, you guys mention ROPS , just curious as to what that setup looks like ?

Talntedmrgreen
4 hours ago, 720nut said:

Greg, sounds like it's had a very abusive life, you guys mention ROPS , just curious as to what that setup looks like ?

This type of setup, Lloyd.  This unit doesn't have the 3pt, but the ROPS is the same design.  Very similar to the ROPS for the early Legacy.  In or after 2018-ish, and after discontinuation of the ROPS glass cab, Simplicity integrated the ROPS into the tractor, and it is not simply a bolt on unit any longer, but passes through the fenders.  

Pin on Listings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Talntedmrgreen

Here is a unit that has been for sale in WI for quite some time, for anyone looking

image.thumb.png.63ea8eac0e9cd31bf89948f3f7385d75.png

• Like 1