Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

manuel for installing mower deck

Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Could anyone tell me where I could purchase a manuel for the Simplicity Broadmoor Model 707 Mower. When I purchased the tractor

the mower was off the tractor. 

I have replaced the old drive belts with new ones. I just need a diagram of the configuration for the mower deck.

Thanks 

Paul

Edited by Paul M.Murphy
spelling mistakes

Based on the attachment listing in the back of your tractor's operators manual, you probably have a 36" mower, MFG#990422.  

The Operators/Parts manual link from the Simplicity Manuals web site:

https://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8auHYrE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

If your deck is different, input the MFG# at the Briggs Manual site; the link to that site is in the 4th sticky post down at the top of this forum (Talking Tractors).  

• Like 2

Paul M.Murphy

Phan Dad 

Thanks a lot for the info you put me on to . It was exactly what I needed

You are a gentleman and a scholar

Paul

Most 707's had a 32" deck. Belt routing is similar to the 36" but height adjustments and belt length may be different. I believe the 36" deck was introduced with the 717 Broadmoor. At some point Simplicity revised the manuals and created a "combined" manual for all of the "round hood" broadmoors and apparently some bits and pieces were left out. 

According to the "Belt & Blade" reference manual the 707 Broadmoor came with a 32" deck, MFR# 990289.  I recall when I had my 6hp Broadmoor I never did find quite the right length PTO belt. I had one that would work but when disengaged it would pop off. All guides were present and adjusted properly. 

• Like 1