Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Leaky Briggs Carb

powermax_paul

I'm trying to get my B207 ready for Rhinelander and my carb keeps leaking intermittently. I've cleaned out the fuel bowl and adjusted the float. I can run the tractor and it'll stop leaking. If I roll the tractor around the shop(by hand), it'll start leaking again. Sticky float? As you can see it's ruining my paint job. Any Ideas? Paul

Man this picture posting sure is handy. Where is the gas dripping from? If from the bottom I would take the bowl off and check the gasket and there should be a small gasket between the bowl and the Nut that holds it on. Check your oil and see if it is making any This would indicate gas getting into the crancase. I and others on this site have used inline cutoff valves when the tractor is not in use. Let us know how you make out. Have my 3112 apart and started priming parts and noticed a few leaks from all the parts am putting together before I finish paint to see other excitement. Will fix as They appear.

I would assume that the float valve is the culprit. Maybe worn just enough so it doesn't seat properly at times. Float pin could be worn so the needle is not pushed into the seat squarely. If you have the screw-in seat, it fuel could be weeping around the seat gasket. Another possibility is the gasket on the main adjusting screw, IF the fuel is leaking from the bottom, rather than out of the throat. Pat

The gas is leaking from the body of the carb. Well above the top of the bowl. The whole bottom of the air chamber is saturated with fuel, and is dripping. Only intermittently though. Right now, everything is dry. If I shook the tractor around or jarred it, it might start leaking again. Paul