Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dual Lift

Dutch

No............ Not the coveted right lift. But if you own a RBT with electric lift, this is just as good, maybe better. I kept looking at the pointer where the left lift handle would be on my 7010. What a waste! When I operate the electric lift, I watch the implement, not some pointer. So, I decided to add a left lift lever and operate it independent of the electric lift. Here’s how to do it. 1) Remove left cross shaft lever and shaft keys. 2) Reinstall cross shaft lever (without keys it will turn freely on shaft). 3) Drill out lower hole in OEM lift lever to accept spacer bushing. 4) Install OEM lift lever (it will operate just like OEM, but it won’t turn shaft). 5) Make lift bar and position to fit your tractor. 6) Weld lift bar to lift lever and bend as needed to fit your specific tractor. 7) Grind sharp edges, paint, and that’s it. Now the electric lift will work as it always has, and the left lift lever will operate front, center, or rear attachments independently at the same time. Just get creative with rods, cables, & pulleys.

Dutch, Good thinking and nice job. Obviously you are feeling better. However, I could not help but notice how you had to run the lift link through the running board. The interference would not have been a problem if you were a member of the FDC. Cheers,

Roy

Dutch, that's exactly what I posted about a month back("What year were 3310's made?"). I still need to do it but I'm glad to see the idea will work. I had in mind a multi-positioner for the JBJr. dump function instead of the "Tripped or Latched" that it comes with, or having the mouldboard plow to loosen the ground than plow or scoop it up independently.

Dutch, Aw, you took the bait and rose to the occasion immediately. 8o) Don't know about which tractors electric lifts came on but it is a lot easier to work on things when you don't have to fish parts through holes. Thanks,

Roy

Herb i love it. your brain works 24-7. and ive got a suggestion. If you mow barefoot, apply molybased grease between your big and (index) toe, this will both feel nice and act as a guide for the rod and not interfere with keeping your foot on the board which after all is THE benifit of the 7012. Keep cranking them out Herb. Doug ps, if I throw enough curve balls, do I lose my "valued" status?

Here are some clearer photos. Doug, I've got something between my big toe and middle toe. I think it's my "index" toe. How about you?

Dutch: Great job--and a nice bit of "thinking outside the box." Leaving aside, for the moment, the very funny issue of which different tree of evolution the various members' ancestors may have climbed down out of, based upon the number and configuration of their modern-day decendents toes, does that link ever bind in your toehole, 'er, in the running board hole that it's running through? Also, what is that groovy, chrome, articulated link you're using? It looks almost like a socket sets' "breaker bar" with a universal joint (from a parallel universe).... Where do you find such Nasa-like hardware? And, showing my ignorance, what is an RBT? Color me impressed, a-gain. Peter

Peter, Are you feeling okay? That was a pretty brief post. "Thinking outside the box" has got me in trouble many times. Like when a grade school teacher told the class that gold was a monetary standard. Every student except me nodded in agreement. I asked why. Gold is a mineral just like coal, iron, etc. Why is it more valuable? Teacher tried double talking until I stated if she didn't know, she should just say so. That was it......... don't come back without your mother. Link binding hasn't presented a problem yet. If it does, I still have my sledge hammer and torch. That "groovy" link isn't chrome, it's stainless, made to be used on marine sailboat rigging. RBT = Running Board Tractor, as opposed to the tractors the FDC (Foot Draggin' Crowd) rides. I believe you're a member of the FDC, aren't you?

Hmm, and all the while, I thought RB meant Rather Biased.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

"Rather Biased"? Not at all........ Where did you hear that? Probably just another example FDC confusion.

But how can it be objective if you've never owned and operated a "foot-dragger?" Hence, that viewpoint is rather biased, IMO.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

And what relationship are you implying between a manure sandwich and a tractor without running boards? Trying to use logic here, rather than resorting to other antics.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Just riding the fence here.................... All I can say is I can walk about 100 feet and get on and ride just about any kind I want from 1960 up to the 1990's, FDC and RBT.........can you guys do that??? Stop by and I'll let you both have at it, I got plenty of yard work needing done. You can play with the loaders(both RBT and FDC) Sickle mowers, lawn mowers, Tillers, blades, etc etc etc........... How can you guys pass good judgement till you really play the field?????????? Uh Oh, now I 'm in for it

Sam, if the missus caught me "playing the field" she'd take away ALL my tractors, and that's probably the least painful thing she'd do.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...