Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Front PTO Clutches

Dutch
Finally got around to installing “modern” clutches. The front PTO of my 7010 got an electric & the 7012 got a manual. No more pulleys, springs, fingers, and rods. Plus, positive disengagement.

Woodydel
Dutch, which clutch did you use? That tractor must be moving. Remember the picture of my AC Homelite electric clutch? I went just the opposite way on the Simplicity/Homelite T16H. Installed a mechanical setup just for the "fun" of adjusting it (for me anyway) Woody

Dutch
Woody, I used an identical clutch to yours. Got it from Smilin' Sam. Don't know what it came from. Had to jack the engine up to install it. Tractors not moving. My Sony Mavica bit the dust. Bought a $40 Polaroid PDC640 to get by for the time being. Probably not enough light to get a sharp photo, plus I haven't learned how to use it yet. My Mavica needs a floppy disc drive. I think it's the same as some used on laptop computers. Got any connections (cheap)? Used okay.

Woodydel
Dutch, When the Sony's work their fine but when the floppy goes south you'll have to contact them. Their minimum charge is $120 last time any of my customers sent one in. I'll check into it for you...Woody