Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Valves for the Briggs 12 HP

RenegadeJ

Are valves still available for the Briggs 12 HP cast iron engines. Does anyone have any part numbers. My local dealer says he doesn't show a listing for part numbers. They must be available somewhere. Think my 3112 is gonna need them soon. Thanks

i'm sure they are last summer i ordered a valve for my 7 horsepower model 19 cast iron briggs that i believe is the original engine on my 1959-60 model 700 simpilcity i had the valve in about 3 days

Just checked the parts manual, and the part numbers for the valves are no longer good. Other parts are still available for this engine, so I assume that the valves are still available, but the numbers have been superseded. Will check my more current manuals when I get to the shop and reply again later today. Did the same thing for MPH not too long ago, and Sandy Lake had all or almost all of the parts in stock. Check with them. Pat

Looking in my 2002 Foley-Belsaw catalogue (see link) and it shows replacement valves for 10, 11, 16-18HP. Maybe the 11 is the same as the 12 but rpm raises the HP? Anyway it also lists by OEM so if you know and post that I can check for you.....Art http://www.foley-belsaw.com/freeWholesaleSmallEnginePartsCatalog.html

Thanks guys for the information. Will try Sandy Lake to see if they can help. Have ordered from Sandy Lake before and they are excellent and usually have what is needed.

If you go to www.briggsandstratton.com and click on the "my engine information" tab, you can get a manual online with illustrated parts breakdown. You will need your engine MODEL, TYPE and TRIM numbers so have them before you log in. I was able to get stock valves for the 16 horse single briggs 2 weeks ago. can't see why you should have any trouble. I got mine from Jacks small engine, they also sold me a basic repair kit that included the valve compressor, lap tool and paste needed. The parts and tools free but I was satisfied with Jacks.