Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler Command Pro EFI ECV980

720nut

If I understand the post correctly, you gotta admit, if the governor let go, and you ran it for two weeks that way, there's gonna be an issue. I'm amazed it would last 2 weeks much more than 2 minutes without a governor. 

The Kohler Command oil pump also has a plastic gear.

I was told the new ignition coils have a built in rev limiter. I do not know what the limiting RPM is. Pulling motors built for higher RPMs than the rev limiter use a different ignition system.

20220924_054102.jpg

Edited by Bill725

On 9/23/2022 at 8:00 PM, Brettw said:

If I understand the post correctly, you gotta admit, if the governor let go, and you ran it for two weeks that way, there's gonna be an issue. I'm amazed it would last 2 weeks much more than 2 minutes without a governor. 

I can't believe that you would even insinuate that I would be that stupid, we had governor replaced, then 2 weeks later cam gear broke destroying the engine !   They didn't check anything else and apparently cam gear was bad too, I can't prove it or I might have a new engine, was mirely wanting to show what happens.

Edited by 720nut
  • Sad 2