Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Here we go again II

720nut

Just picked this up a couple of hours ago, may be my 720 build ? But then it's too nice to tear apart ?

18 hp

DSCN0005.JPG

• Like 2

Like I tell friends who keep getting involved with the wrong women...

...at this point, if theres a problem,  its just self inflicted666

• Haha 2

To be honest I was wanting the rolling chassis but it was just a 18 hp so I'll still be looking for another 20 hp so I can get the 2 spd and independent brakes and diff lock.  To be honest I get there and this is really too nice to pass up , not what I wanted so I'll do the couple needed repairs and it will be for sale . Still think there uglier than a mud fence but a well built piece of equipment.

What I'd really like to have is a Legacy XL 4x4 chassis but from what I've seen are just way out of my budget.  Keep in mind, I bought this with the intention of tearing it apart and selling all of the tin work and engine.

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

Just realized that I had posted 2 posts with the same name , sorry

Can someone tell me if there is a way to change the posting name ??

Edited by 720nut

15 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Like I tell friends who keep getting involved with the wrong women...

...at this point, if theres a problem,  its just self inflicted666

Do two wrongs make a right?  Do you have a right to be wrong?  Keeps life interesting anyway.

• Like 2

Ok Kohler Guru's, this 18 hp kohler starts and runs great but once it warms up it starts surging , will almost stall then it takes off again. Not real good on the twins so hoping someone may be able to help me.

Hopefully you have the Kohler carb with both low and hi speed adjustors. First check Hi Speed adjustment needle.  If too lean will cause the surging. 

If you have the Walboro with the fixed high speed, all you can do is try to enrich the low speed needle to get out of the surging but it may then load up at idle.

Govenor could be out of adjustment but that usually doesn't change between cold and warm.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MikeES said:

Hopefully you have the Kohler carb with both low and hi speed adjustors. First check Hi Speed adjustment needle.  If too lean will cause the surging. 

If you have the Walboro with the fixed high speed, all you can do is try to enrich the low speed needle to get out of the surging but it may then load up at idle.

Govenor could be out of adjustment but that usually doesn't change between cold and warm.

Thanks Mike I'll have to look at it and see what I have

• PhanDad changed the title to Here we go again II
On 10/4/2022 at 8:24 AM, 720nut said:

Just realized that I had posted 2 posts with the same name , sorry

Can someone tell me if there is a way to change the posting name ??

Hold the curser over the title and then "click and hold to edit".

I just added a "II" to the end of the title of this post.   

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 7:03 PM, PhanDad said:

Hold the curser over the title and then "click and hold to edit".

I just added a "II" to the end of the title of this post.   

Thamks Bill, I do good just to be able to post on here, computers not my thing

Started it yesterday and was amazed that it just set there running , no surging and I didn't touch anything ??

• Like 1