Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1969 B210

JVoss

• 2 weeks later...

Just about any aftermarket vacuum system will work with your tractor, as long as it has a "boot" (adapter) that fits tightly onto your mower deck discharge opening. .

Tom

Edited by TomSchmit

3 hours ago, TomSchmit said:

I think all the decks that could be used on the B-210 are left hand discharge. 

True.  
But on more than one occasion I twisted the belt from the hanging PTO to the deck the wrong direction and wondered why my B-110 was mowing so poorly. The blades turning the wrong direction don’t mow well sm00 

So maybe a right discharge deck could be used.  

• Like 1

I have never worked on any RBT's and not familiar with the decks. But I suppose that they mount the the same way as on B-210. Did they make right side discharge decks for those later RBT units?

3 hours ago, TomSchmit said:

But I suppose that they mount the the same way as on B-210. Did they make right side discharge decks for those later RBT units?

They do (mount the same way) and they didn't (make right discharge decks for most RBTs - see exceptions noted below).  

IMO, except for the 3300 series RBTs that used the old hanging PTO, the RBT's PTO setup setup makes it harder to install the belt "backwards" since the individual pulley "aim" the belt at "correct" side of the deck's center arbor. 

However if you rig up a mule drive and drive the deck from the front of the engine as the FDTs do with snowblowers, a right discharge deck would be required - as the AC 300/400 tractors and AC built Homelites use.  

• Like 1

I would like to see the front mule drive on a large frame tractor one of these days. They work pretty well on the smal Broadmoors, etc. The AC and Homies with that set-up are not common around here.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, TomSchmit said:

I would like to see the front mule drive on a large frame tractor one of these days.

We've taken this thread in a tangent, but here's what my Homie (early) deck mule drive looks like:

HomeSnow_0002.jpg.7bb336b8c209c35f5c2140e3e4802b90.jpg

As looking at the pic above, the right pulley is "fixed" and the left pulley is spring tensioned (black ball on left relieves the tension so you can install the belt.  The "fixed" pulley is manually adjustable to keep the pulleys roughly parallel to each other.    

This is @Talntedmrgreen's late Homie deck mule drive:

Josh7.thumb.jpg.29ebb8fc935712f846ed640e79acd3d4.jpg

Josh13.thumb.jpg.de4f78a9078c2e3d51ec26ebe1874a37.jpg

It's similar to the AC 300/400 ones I think.  

The snowblower hitch for an early Homie is very hard to find, so I figured I could "turn around" my deck mule drive to run a snowblower:

HomeSnow_0003.jpg.809143b64953a9b489ed2396f635037f.jpg

A few minor alterations were required (back side pulley angle), but I worked:

HomeSnow_0013.jpg.b6edf87aa55ac8a57db33ec1ca87b079.jpg

HomeSnow_0016.jpg.39e60107f60ba2ae4662c9cb5342dc28.jpg

I would think you could do the same with a FDT snowblower hitch, but the modifications would be more difficult since the pulley rods are welded rather than bolted like the Homie's:

HomeSnow_0009.jpg.43a31e7559d9143e33b01213592ecd43.jpg 

Edited by PhanDad
Deleted “left” in in fixed pulley reference
  • Like 2

Thanks for taking the time to post those pics. I have never had a deck on my B-10, as it does not have a drive pully system hanging under the BGB. The front mule drive set up may be easier to do! Tom