Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deutz Allis 1920 serial number model year

Barrier

I just acquired a Deutz Allis 1920 ultima tractor and am looking to find out the model year. Is there a serial number chart that would identify it? Serial number is 14182

Edited by Barrier

Do you have the MFR number?  There are no serial number records available. Also if the engine is original, you can run its serial to get close. 

• Like 2

There’s a catalogue number 1691392 best I can tell. It is a bit difficult to read but I think that is what it is. 

3331382A-1F50-409D-B28D-F7487094A4B2.jpeg

716CF254-7B1B-494B-926F-59E4F4B07E5D.jpeg

Edited by Barrier

I have a DA 1920, not badged as an Ultima though.
It's MFR tag has Catalog 1691020, Serial # 010765.
The engine was made in 1986 per the serial # on it.

637318caee73a_2019-12-18Seat3.jpg.ae447eaee4ed8d34743d91e606eed3a1.jpg

6373193750fda_TractorPlate3.thumb.JPG.ed2d7327f81362b939fc5f6fb749b3a5.JPG

I despise those stamped foil tags. It would MAYBE work if they put them in a protected place, but on the frame where they get beat up?

Edited by Hick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the replies. I’m gonna check my engine numbers yet. I was hoping to narrow it down to actually which year it was built and marketed. But maybe not so easy to do ?

Curious as to when they started the "Ultima" badge, and if there really was a change or was it just marketing?
Just looking at an original brochure, opening line: "Meet the Deutz-Allis 1900 Series "Ultima" Garden Tractors - new from the ground up!"
But the tractors in the brochure do not have the Ultima badge.

Edited by Hick

AGCO was formed in 1990. Would be interesting to know when the full transition to AGCO-Allis occurred in the L&G product line. The first AGCO Sovereign had the 18 hp command so I’m thinking it was around 1992-3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris727 said:

AGCO was formed in 1990. Would be interesting to know when the full transition to AGCO-Allis occurred in the L&G product line. The first AGCO Sovereign had the 18 hp command so I’m thinking it was around 1992-3. 

Not sure where I got this information; had it in my Allis History file. This may pertain to their field tractors more than the L&G line.

Allis-Chalmers was purchased by Deutz in 1984. Deutz rebranded the Allis tractors as Deutz-Allis and began importing Deutz-Fahr tractors under the Deutz-Allis name.  In 1991, the Deutz-Allis company was sold to AGCO, which renamed the brand as AGCO Allis. The AGCO Allis name was dropped by AGCO in 2001.

• Like 3

Thanks all, for the helpful info. According to the engine numbers chart my engine is 1991 build. Assuming then that the tractor most likely a 91 or 92. 

• Like 2

Paul M.Murphy

Nice purchase Barrie  I like the agriculture tires on the back , wish I could put them on my Simplicity Broadmoor.

Paul

Edited by Paul M.Murphy
  • Like 1