Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tomgalauner

Kohler 241 10hp.

tomgalauner
I have a k241 kohler engine . It has breakerless Ingnition It has a trigger module that make fire off raised medal on the fly wheel . The problem i have is it has a very weak spark. , not enough to raise across the plug . It is on a 310 allis This is the first time i have ever come across this type of electronic ingnition. I tried to explain it to a couple of small engine tech's . They have never seen it before .

Dutch
Tom, Assuming the problem is with the module (not plug, coil, ignition switch, alternator, wiring), first check the gap between the projection on the flywheel and the module. It should be between .005 and .010. If that doesn't correct the problem, there are other tests. Let us know. The module terminal marked "A" is connected to the alternator, the terminal marked "I" is connected to the ignition switch or coil. Be careful not to misconnect wires, doing so can damage the module.

tomgalauner
quote:
Originally posted by tomgalauner: I have a k241 kohler engine . It has breakerless Ingnition It has a trigger module that make fire off raised medal on the fly wheel . The problem i have is it has a very weak spark. , not enough to raise across the plug . It is on a 310 allis This is the first time i have ever come across this type of electronic ingnition. I tried to explain it to a couple of small engine tech's . They have never seen it before .

tomgalauner
Thanks for the advice Dutch I have done what you have said . I think I am going to take the altnator out next and test it. and double check the recifyier. And try to get some more information on it. Thanks