Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BDSchmidt

Ammeter and tiller questions on 7119H

BDSchmidt
I recently obtained a 7119H that has had a Kohler 20hp Magnum motor put in it. Included in the deal was a bunch of accessories. I have 2 questions: The ammeter on the dash is not hooked up to anything ie no wires attched to it, nor can a find any loose wires under the dash to attach to it. I suspect it wasn't hooked back up when the new motor was put in. Where do I run wires from to activate the meter? Second question revolves around the tiller. There are no tags on it and I am trying to identify it. It is 38" from end to end of the housing,( which is an off white sheet metal) It appears to be 36" from end of tine on one side to the opposite end. It is missing some of the idler pulleys but works well with just a belt from PTO to the large drive pulley. THis package appeared on e bay but didn't sell. I made an offer for all after the close. The tiller can be seen for awhile by going to: [url][/url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2021979519 Does anyone recognize this tiller model/manufacturers number. My best guess so far is a 1690039, 36" heavy duty tiller. Thanks for your help! Brian Schmidt BDSchmidt@AOL.com

HubbardRA
Ammeters are feed-thru devices. It should be hooked in the wire between the voltage regulator output and the battery. This wire probably goes through the ignition switch. If you hook it up and it reads backward, reverse the leads. Rod H.