Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
boox

new member intro

boox
Posted this about 10 days ago but it appears to not have made it.. I have B10 early model (9 hp Briggs) and a Simplicity Sovereign 3314H (14 hp Briggs). I'm generally into Wheel Horse but these were such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. Does any one have copy of the B10 operators/owners manual thay can scan and email me? (I am willing to pay nominal price for your effort) Also could use Scan of Mower deck and attachment procedures, looks too involved to me, or maybe I'm too used to the tachamatic. I was able to get a pdf from the Simplicity site for that unit, but the B10 was not available. Is there anything I need to know re; the Hydro drive unit on the Simplicity? The B10 came with a mower deck,the Simplicity has a push blade, seems like they would interchange, at least at first glance,haven't done any measuring or attempted to hook up the mower deck, but the blade interchanges. Neither machine is running at present, both turn over and show some compression, but I'm out of batteries at the barn they're stored in. Now I defer to those of you with more knowledge about this machines. I am thinking about parting out the B10, (have it listed in the classifieds) as the Sovereign is in much better shape and I figure the parts will bring me enough dinero to clean up and add to the Simplicity without extra expense. Little woman indulges my oddities as long as they are not cost prohibitive. Finally, I am wondering if I am unloading the real collectible by letting the B10 go and saving the 3314H? thanx in advance, boox

Dutch
Use the x-ref table [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/X-reference/ac_s_pg1.htm[/url] to find the Simplicity equivilent (Landlord 990308/314). Maybe that manual is available online. The B-10 is probably more "collectible" than the 3314H. I'd keep both.

boox
quote:
Originally posted by dutch: Use the x-ref table [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/X-reference/ac_s_pg1.htm[/url] to find the Simplicity equivilent (Landlord 990308/314). Maybe that manual is available online. The B-10 is probably more "collectible" than the 3314H. I'd keep both.
Thanks, dutch,but I tried that search already and it was still a no go...and while I'm not adverse to the idea of keeping them both, the B10 seems to more common than the 3314H and I always like the not so common. I say that because there seems to be alot of B10 pictures around, but I haven't seen any of the 14hp Sovereign. It may be moot anyhow as the only action I seem to be getting from the classifieds is for the grill assembly, and if that's all that people want, I'll keep it. It's worth more to me as a future project than the few dollars the grill would bring. Still watching for tips re: the hydro unit, and any other input as I know little or nothing about these tractors other than what I've been able to glean from this site. Thanks again, Boox

Kent
If you want some tips on your 3314's hydro, try searching the archives for "Vickers" -- it seems to be a good, durable unit from what I've heard, though it may develop leaks around the shafts over time... The permanent solution then becomes machining the case for O-rings. Be aware that parts are no longer available, though I understand that there's a company up in Canada or somewhere that will do a complete rebuild of it... That's it in a nutshell. I agree with Dutch on "collectibility" -- the old Allis B-series have more collector value just because of their "Big Tractor" name... kind of like JD 110s... A fully-restored B-1 for example is probably much more valuable than a Simplicity 725 (the equivalent tractor) because of the Allis name.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

PatRarick
I have one tractor with the Vickers, and three with the Sundstrand. Personally, I prefer the performance of the Vickers. It seems much more solid. Just my opinion though. I have one neighbor with a Vickers and another with two Vickers. I have had the case on mine machined for bushings and O-rings, as has my neighbor. No other problems have surfaced after many hours of hard use, for any of us. Pat