Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Barrier

Allis mid pto colors

Barrier

Recently installed mid pto assembly on my 64 B10. I got the parts off a Simplicity. So I want to paint the parts Allis colors. Which parts if any should not be yellow. For example the pulleys on it are black currently as well as the belt shield that’s part of the mechanism. I realize the shield probably comes off a somewhat newer Simplicity and the 64 model tractors may not have had a shield. I would like to do my best to make it factory colors. 

PhanDad

I can't help you with first hand info, but this pic from the 1964 Allis B-10 sales brochure shows some of the PTO:

https://simpletractors.com/research/allis-chalmers/ac-b-series/b-10-early/specifications/

And visit the tractor registry for pics, such as @gwiseman's early B-10:

https://simpletractors.com/collections/item/781-gwisemans-allis-chalmers-early-b-10/

And there might be other brochures in the Downloads Forum.

• Like 2

gwiseman

I refurbished a bumblebee 10 a few years ago using genuine CAT Old Cat Yellow. That color is good but a bit darker than my original early B10 or B210 as @PhanDad linked to above. Still, I like Old Cat Yellow and would probably use it again but be sure to use a good quality paint. 

• Like 1

720nut

Just my $.02,  but everyone I've ever had was black can't recall ever seeing one another color

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 1

Chris727
16 hours ago, 720nut said:

Just my $.02,  but everyone I've ever had was black can't recall ever seeing one another color

Early B-10 and B-1 had a yellow body for the main assembly. The shield was black on all of the mid-PTO's. Most of the Cast-iron pulleys were either painted yellow or black. The stamped steel pulleys were usually silver. 

• Like 2