Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Checking hyd oil level

ScottS

This is what it looks like. Looks like alot of frilly stuff added on. It does not show all this in the manual I have. So I should fill it up to the bottom of the hole in the resivoir? ScottS

Scott, The plug at the top of the "T" fitting is supposed to be screwed directly into the tank. The oil level should be at or near the bottom of the hole that this conglomeration is screwed into. Pat

Scott, I'd recommend that you remove this "conglomeration" to avoid the chance of overfilling it... but, be aware that these things are difficult to fill. It's just a tapered pipe thread, I think... In fact, it looks like the original plug is the one out on the end... I use a "transmission fluid" funnel with a hose on it to keep my Big Ten's lift topped off until I can find time to find and fix its leak... I think it's my hydraulic cyliinder, and it is leaking pretty bad... That reminds me of one difference between the two lift setups -- my B-210 has a fill plug like this, while my Big Ten has a small screw-on cap... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...