Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Legacy 25

Lee Czaplinski

Lee Czaplinski

My simplicity creeps forward when in neutral..I changed the trans fluid and filter. Blogs mention a spool valve. Where is it and how do I repair it? 

14 hours ago, Lee Czaplinski said:

My simplicity creeps forward when in neutral..I changed the trans fluid and filter. Blogs mention a spool valve. Where is it and how do I repair it? 

Creeping in neutral is usually a mechanical problem with the adjustment of the control linkages.

I have not had to adjust a Legacy so I dont know where exactly to point you, but there are plenty of others in here that may be able to.

Also, a spool valve would be the hydraulic valve that lifts your attachments. That and oil filters & changing the oil would have nothing to do with a creeping problem.

You can type your tractor model number into the Simplicity manufacturing websites manuals link to download owners and parts manuals. The owners manual may or may not have some info in it. If not you would need to track down a service manual...if no one else in here can help.

It would also  help if we knew whether its the Older Legacy 98-05(?) or a newer 06+ (?) Legacy XL?

• Like 1

My AGCO 2025 does the same but not always , more so on a slight down hill incline. flat level ground it'll set there just fine .

Been gunna adjust it but I just set the parking brake  or put the bucket down

My Sovereigns creeped during the cold winter months but not during the warm summer months. Also during the winter at initial startup, I could hear the pump cavitate for a second. I changed the hydro fluid to Amsoil Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W30 and solved both issues.

Edited by Bill725
  • Like 2