Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Picked up 2 more today

fasterblaster02

fasterblaster02

Guys, I posted a couple of weeks ago about a Sovereign with a Triad, well I went and picked up a couple more, but both with Commands. One is an Allis 918H, that runs and works good, and is a ready to go tractor. The other has an issue with a drive component, not sure what, and will need a bit of a tuneup and look over to get running as it has sat for a while.

My plan here is to get down to one tractor that can do everything I need... currently I have these three Sovereigns, a nice Sunstar, an Allis 712s with tiller, and a really nice Cub Cadet 3208 liquid cooled Kawasaki with bagger.

I have the Cub Cadet for sale, and will have the Sunstar for sale once it is all cleaned up. I realize both of these are probably better tractors than a Sovereign, but the lack of available attachments make them less ideal for what I want I need.

The two I just bought today came with a rear mounted vac and cart, to take the place of my cub with bagger. I intend to take the tiller from the 712 and sell it. I'm thinking I'll probably swap the command from the sovereign with bad drive system into the machine with the Triad, and sell the Allis 918, and possibly keep the leftover tractor for parts. 

I'm looking for some input on whether it makes more sense to swap an engine, or to swap the PS system from one tractor to another. Here are some pics:

IMG_20230408_165531212.jpg

IMG_20230329_140720083.jpg

• Like 3

IMO it’s easier to swap engines than the PS. 
I assume you don’t need a tiller since the tiller from the 712 should mount to a Sovereign. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fasterblaster02 said:

My plan here is to get down to one tractor that can do everything I need

Understand you suffer from low T (not enough tractors) and the only cure is more tractors.

• Like 3

fasterblaster02
10 hours ago, PhanDad said:

IMO it’s easier to swap engines than the PS. 
I assume you don’t need a tiller since the tiller from the 712 should mount to a Sovereign. 

My bad, I meant I'll be keeping the tiller, and selling the 712.

• Like 1

fasterblaster02
30 minutes ago, Bill725 said:

Understand you suffer from low T (not enough tractors) and the only cure is more tractors.

No doubt. I doubt I'll have just one for long 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Justplaintim said:

Keep them all.  Sometime you just don’t feel like changing implements. 

The rule of thumb is one tractor for each attachment. 666

• Like 6

Justplaintim
On 4/10/2023 at 9:10 PM, Chris727 said:

Need to keep at least one backup tractor. 

Or two or three.   

• Like 3