Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Generator/rear PTO

Nubian

I am looking for a generator that i can run off a rear pto specifically a Deutz-Allis /AC 5015. can anyone point me in the right direction? i was wondering if the 540 rpm is enough to run at least a 10K generator

Northern Hydraulics has a number of generators, one might fit your needs. http://www.northerntool.com/

The 540 rmp will not be enough to power any size of generator unless it was specifically made to make the required kw at that rmp. Most modern generators need 1800- 2500 rmp. You will be able to use the pto off your tractor if you also have some type of multiplier to increase rpms at the generator. Also I saw a post lately that somebody was buying a tractor and it had an attachment of a generator that worked with a rear PTO that they were thinking of parting with. Matt

Hello, you require fell must have for a generator 1400 rpm or 2800 rpm in that. the genarator a transmission or made be for 540 rpm, reflected agrees the frequency and the tension not. Gerhard Amerhauser