Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pick this up on Tuesday

Big Bob

I pick this beauty up on Tuesday. I think it is a 1954 Simplicity model 5? Comes with 5 attachments and from the pictures all seem to be in awesome shape. The po says he thinks the engine is stuck but he noticed it had been filled with oil in the cylinder so maybe a chance of getting it going again. Will post more pictures and an update after I see it in person. Thanks for adding me to the membership!

• Like 1

Nice find., especially with the attachments. These old Briggs are pretty durable. If parts aren't available new you may be able source some NOS. 

Nice,  When I moved to my grandmother's old farmhouse in the early 1990s, I dug my grandpa's old 2 wheel Simplicity tractor almost exactly like this out of the shed, and used it a couple of years until the wheels rotted out and I kind of gave up on it. I traded it to a neighbor for parts or something.  If I had it back I would just put some standard garden tractor wheels with 6x12 Ag treads on it. I believe they would fit. Grandpa's tractor had cultivator plows on it, and was a bear to wrestle around, but did a decent job of tilling up the dirt, as long as you didn't have to break new ground with it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...