Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower, will it fit a sovereign?

fasterblaster02

fasterblaster02

This snowblower is close to me. I'm trying to figure out if it is for a sovereign. If it is, I'm curious on how well this model works. I'm likely going to be selling my atv with plow that I use for my driveway and using this instead, just wondering if this will be a good alternative.

Screenshot_20230507-223113.png

Ronald Hribar

There are times for both methods 

very light or wet snow blade works extremely well

large amounts of snow

the blower will clear a path easily

and you do not need a place to put the snow

nice clean look when you are done

as for if it will fit

you need the correct “mule” to hook to your tractor

and I did not look to see

• Like 1

Ronald Hribar

That mule is for the 7000 series

the 7100 series uses one pulley and that mule can be modified to use

• Like 1

SmilinSam

To modify that hitch for a 7100 series/Soveriegn you would have to have some cutting and welding skills  and the tools to do so.

• Like 1

fasterblaster02

That's what I'm looking for. I'll pass on this one. I have the skills and tools, but not the time to get it done. I'll be looking to find one that fits my machine, with no modifications.

• Like 1

Do you have a front PTO on the tractor?  If so, that is the hitch for a front PTO.  If not, a single pulley hitch is what you would need for a 7100 series and newer.  The blower itself would work with either hitch.

• Like 1

rich_kildow

Where are you located?  I have a blower and proper 71xx hitch I've been eyeing to move along to the next person, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  I'm in NW WI.  I might even have an extra hitch, but I'd have to dig.

Edited by rich_kildow
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
fasterblaster02

Guys, I've found another snowblower I'm going to look at. I'm wondering if anyone has rough dimensions they could give me. This one is complete, it has the hitch and all with it. Was on an Agco Allis 918H, roughly around the same year as my tractor, so I'm assuming it will fit. How long and wide is it with the hitch attached, and how easy is the hitch to uncouple from the blower. I'm trying to get in in the rear of my van, with the rear seat out. Approximate weight would be helpful as well. Thanks!