Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PTO cone clutch lining adhesive

stans17

I have a PTO Cone Clutch lining that has separated from the clutch plate. What type of adhesive can I use to glue it back on? Thanks

• Like 1

And, the best "clamp" once you have applied the adhesive, is the pulley assembly itself.  Re-mount the cone while the adhesive is setting up, and engage the pulleys (not running, obviously).  Let 'er sit until everything is cured, and you are all set.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am from the UK, I  repaired a  cone clutch, using a two part epoxy glue called araldite, a lesser specification to JB Weld . It worked very well and the leather stayed attached, for all the time I owned the 7117 greater than 10 years. Best Regards Colin 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been wanting to know a good factory-like adhesive or similar. I have high friction material that looks exactly like new clutch lining and I want to make them just like factory. I sandblasted the cone but I don’t know what to use that uses heat to adhere. Once I perfect this process I can make some for fellow club members. Anyone have any idea of a high temp clutch adhesive?

Edited by BMinor0788