Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

9020 question

Diesel life

Diesel life

Hello everyone I am a new user looking at buying a simplicity 9020 and have a question about it. I'm hoping you guys can help me out and better my decision. So I currently own a Wheelhorse 520H, I recently purchased a Johnson loader to put on it. It will handle it but I think a bigger tractor would be better. So that leads to me finding a simplicity 9020 that has a Lombardini 10ld400-2 repower in it. I think this would be a better loader tractor canidate but the guy that has it says the 3 point and power steering work but the PTO does not and he doesn't know why. So my question is, do you guys happen to know why the PTO would not work? I don't want to spend the money if its not going to work. Sorry for the long post. Any help is appreciated.

welcome to the club. a 9020 is a well built tractor but depending on how it was repowered can cause you to nolonger be able to use a pto.which pto dont work the front or rear? do you have pictures of the tractor to show how the repower was done?

Diesel life

Thank you, all the guy said is the pto doesn't work so I assume both front and back. I will see if I can grab some pictures.

Diesel life

These are the only pictures I can get at the moment I will see if he can send me more tomorrow.

Screenshot_20230608-002553_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230608-002548_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230608-002524_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

looks like the rear pto is compleetly missing. the lombardini 10ld400 engines did not have a stub shaft off the crank to run a front pto and with how he has the battery i assume the front pto is missing as well. the frame looks to have been cut and streched to put that engine in which could weaken the frame depending on how it was done.

Diesel life

Thank you for the information. Are the pto parts available? Assuming the frame hadn't been stretched causing weaknes, that wouldn't be a good thing with a loader. Sorry for all the questions just looking at options.

oem pto parts are no longer avalible for these tractors. michael noonan makes a reproduction rear pto clutch and shaft. it is not cheep. but is quality parts.

• Like 2