Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Maintenance Minder Gadget

WaltB

A friend of mine is the Superintendent at a AA minor league baseball park where we both work. He told me about a gadget called the "maintenance minder". It records the number of hours a lawnmower/tractor motor runs in tenths of an hour. It flashes at 25 hour increments and resets to 0 at 999.9 hours or so. You wrap a wire from it around the spark plug wire and it counts the time the motor is running (probably from inductance in the wire). He says it costs around $10. I checked it out online at google.com, search keyword, "maintenance minder" and got more info and online stores where you can buy it. This sounds like something everyone should have to easily keep track of service maintenance such as oil changes and the like at 25 hour intervals. Does anyone use this? Are there any other gadgets that do a similar job? What do you think? Here's one of the links http://www.becoparts.com/minder.html I take a KISS pill every morning with my coffee! (KISS-Keep it simple stupid)

hi i was looking for a tractor seat in a catalog i get from northern tool and i ran across one just like that and it even has a TACH, i dont know if you need a tach, the thing sells for like 35 bucks. you can go to www.northerntool.com and check them out

I went to northerntool.com and it looks like you saw item# 160590 for their Discount Price... $36.99. It looks like it is mountable like on the dash which would be neat but I'm not ready to spend much more than $15 now. Maybe my wife will get another job and I'll spend the $37! I take a KISS pill every morning with my coffee! (KISS-Keep it simple stupid)

I have one of these from northern tool on my 9020 with a Honda engine and it works very well If you are ordering one make shure you know whether your engine fires the plug on every rotation or only on commpresion stroke to get the right one James C