Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PTO generators

Nubian

Thanks a lot guys ! I went to my favorite search engine metacrawler and and found PLENTY of info on pto driven generators While on the subject any pros or cons on pto driven or conventional gas generators Eddy

Your tractor will not be available for other uses if it's powering a generator. Self powered generators are available with multi-fuel engines. If you want a generator for emergency home use, it would be nice to have your tractor available for moving snow, and to have a generator that will run on natural gas, LP, or gasoline.

Thanks! But i have a second tractor for snow removal. I have a big 10K generator with a 9 gal tank. but i use up a lot of gas with all my toys so i figured i would get a pto driven generator and run it off my 5215 diesel,one tankful will run a lot longer. Eddy

I feel that a PTO generator would be nice in several cases. But as an added attachment that can be quickly taken off. I have a small 10 acre park that is 3/8 of a mile long. Yes I can bring my Coleman 6k out there, but in a snow OR ice storm, I want to have the tractor carring it ready to work. A cart would be not practical in some cases. I would like to put one on my Case 530 also. Running around to weld or whatever is a good idea!