Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SILLY QUESTIONS

JOHNP

GENTLEMEN, PROBABLY A COUPLE OF SILLY QUESTIONS BUT.............WHAT IS THE DIFF. IN A 7116 (MINE) AND A 7016 ETC. WHAT DO THE FIRST TWO DIGITS REP. ? ALSO HOW DO I TELL IF I HAVE A SUNSTRAND OR VICKERS ? JOHNP

First 2 digits indicate series 70=7000 71=7100. 7100 series wheelbase is 2" longer than 7000. Center PTO's are slightly different. A few other differences. Except for maybe a few very early ones, both 7000 and 7100 series used Sunstrand.

THANKS DUTCH. AS I'VE SAID BEFORE THIS IS MY FIRSTSIMP. AND AM VERY HAPPY W/IT. WANT TO KEEP IT IN GOOD SHAPE. NEXT PROJECT IS TO CHANGE THE HYD. FLUID/FILTER AS I DON'T THINK THE PREV. OWNER EVER DID. JOHNP

You have a 7116 and I have a 7119. Which means I have a couple on really unnecessary extra HP (= more gas). The machines should be the same. Advise: If you don't already have all the manuals, parts catalogs, etc. INCLUDING the implement Mfg #'s and (where possible) their serial numbers, by all means GET them (while you still can). Kent has made a link available to those that are available on this site. I just now got a REAL Kohler Service Manual off e-bay. The Operators Manual makes changing the hydro oil in the Sunstrand a piece of cake. WARNING: Don't fool around trying to hold the breather valve up while refilling. Just take it off, drain, and refill with 3 qts (96 oz) of oil. replace the breather, run, then check. Always change the filter also. The book says change both every 400 hrs. Like engines, try to change it while it's hot. Also, there are 2 filters available - Short - Mfg # 1671234 and Long -Mfg # 1650954 . Both fit. The long may interfear with running chains in the winter. If your filter is on the side of the unit, and screws right onto the unit, you have a Sunstrand Series 15 hydro. Fill to the top of the filler pipe. If the filter is separate and in front of the hydro, you have a different type than mine.

BTW, I HAVE NO MANUALS EXCEPT FOR THE OPERATORS, WHICH IS HELPFUL BUT NOT DETAILED ENOUGH. WILL HAVE TO OBTAIN ALL THAT I CAN. JOHNP

John, the Manuals are at: http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/manuals.htm BUT. they are listed by Mfg # Thus, first things first. Try and determine the Mfg # of each attachment first. Then downloading and printing is easy. Hope this helps. Ford

I'VE TRIED THAT SEVERAL TIMES. WAS ABLE TO COPY THE SNOW THROWER AND THE MOWING DECK BUT THE TRACTOR (1690569) COMES BACK WITH A "VIEW PDF FILE". WHEN I TRY TO VIEW I GET EITHER "THIS PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND" OR "THIS FILE NOT ON LINE". MAYBE I'LL FIND ANOTHER SOURCE. JOHNP

The 1690569, 1690570, 1690571, 1690572 all use the same parts manual: TP-843, and you appear to be right, at: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/ (pages 39,40 of the Master Catalog) there is no TP-843 Possibly worth a call to Simplicity publications ????

When changing hydro fluid, I've always pulled the sparkplugs, raised the rear tires off the ground and after I put fresh fluid in, cranked it over (while in gear and circumventing the safety switches) until the rear wheels turn. The reason is not to seize the pump. the old manuals used to have you do this, not sure if the new ones do or not

THERE IS A TP 843..........IT'S DISGUISED AS TP 400 083 04 SV S.PDF. FOUND IT AND AM LIKE A KID IN THE CANDY STORE. THANX JOHNP

How did you find it ???? Hit and miss ???? The reason I sent a bit of time looking at all those files was I was trying to find my "new" MacKissic shredder/grinder. I have the MacKissic parts sheet, etc. (Which Kent will be posting on the Simple Tractors page soon), but my logic was that since they do list the dump trailer and other stuff they never made and don't support with parts, they still gave them an Mfg #. Good luck and have fun.

Ford, The easiest way is to try and view the pdf file from the manual search. If it does'nt come up, look in the address bar of your browser and the try to find the PDF file listed. The Address bar will look something like this (this is the manual for the 7100 series hydrostatics) I have also found some manual links mislabeled instead of "TP_400....." it is listed under "TP_100..." I will admit is kind of Hit and Miss but finding the right manual sure does make it easier. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_843_04_SV_S.pdf