Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BrianS

Low Speed for tilling

BrianS
Hi All, I have a 2012 Landlord that I use for tilling. I goes a little too fast for what I need. I've always just let the clutch slip but that get tiring after a while. I have played with changing pulleys but that gets to be kinda a pain. This is where I learned how important the front belt gaurd is. I had a heck of a time shift gears and even stopping the tractor at high RPM till I got that set right. Anyway, I was wondering how good the Hi-Low option worked and if it was worth the investment. I couldn't justify it when I only trilled a small garden once a year but my wife has taken up landscaping so I'm always tearing up something. This is good I guess because now I can say I have 6 tractors to support my wife's interests. I would appreciate any thoughts. Brian

arjr111
Sounds like you're "fishin" for an excuse to buy another tractor..... (no, thats not what you want to hear)...YES, of course, IMHO, you definetily need another one, with a Hi-Lo option!.....Good luck Art

John_RI
Hi Brian, I use a 10 inch sheave when tilling (sometimes ). It's a lot slower than the standard 6" sheave but at times it is still too fast. I think you might want to look into the hi/low option if you're going to do a lot of tilling. John(ri)