Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractoralism,,WHATS a man to do

MPH

Have a guy interested in the 16hp gilsoneven though I've clearly stated my additudes to him as I have on this site. My problem started when he showed up, went out to start it and no fire to the plug, I was so dumbfounded cuz it ran so sweet when I shut it off last fall never thought to check the points, Got to it today, openning about 9 thousands, pulled a file though them, then clean paper, set to 20 thou and she fired right up. NOW for my problem, that 16hp briggs runns so sweet it just don't seem right to sell it as cheap as I should because of the tractors engineering woes..Went and tilled the old goat pen and part of the south "40" just to warm it up good to change the oil, pulled it hard for over an hour and never missed a beat. Seem a shame to part out a complete working tractor of any breed. Maybe its the new strips I put in the lawn has my mind fudalled tonight, maybe them stupid tweety birds that sing all nite, just can't be tractors...MPH

Is there a reason why you are selling it? Lack of space, need for funds or maybe wife problems?

Is your problem now, that you told him, you would sell it, but think you would rather keep it, or that you have decided, you want more money for it? For the first I would say, "look, just can't let it go, sorry", for the second.....well, that's your call.......Art

Hi Marty, You know its hard breaking up a family at any time.But we know you will make the right decision. Have a good day.---Ron B