Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BUDD

Mower deck adjustment update

BUDD
THANK YOU ALL for your responses. It was a BIG success. All it took was a 10 lb. hammer to get it close. Them I did some minor adjustment with the 5 lb hammer. The bad part is my wife says I can not get a new tractor !!!!!!!!!!! Oh well it is fixed away. Now to my next issue, it seems I am leaving grass that is not being mowed. This is hit and miss, not in the same spot on the deck. But it does appear to be sometimes wear the front tires run. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP

PatRarick
It has been my experience that if it is unusually dry or hot, the grass gets kind of wirey. It does not spring back when driven on, and this leaves uncut grass where the front wheels run. It will also leave little patches here and there. I'm no expert, and I'm not a botanist. This is only my experience from seven years of lawn service. I did one lawn and one cemetary yesterday. At the cemetary, the tracks of cars from Memorial Day were still laying down and did not seem to "suck up" into the deck. On the lawn, the owner had driven to an area where he has a lot of pine trees, to trim these trees. This was three days prior to mowing. This grass also did not come back up. In both cases, I had strips of grass where the front wheels of the tractors ran. Hopefully, the dry conditions here have ended. Four inches of rain last night, with rains and thunderstorms predicted for the next four days. Will have to see if the grass mows better this week. Pat